We’re so excited about the release of the Beauty and the Beast movie remake that we decided to DIY a replica of the infamous enchanted rose. The DIY enchanted rose can be used as a centerpiece for birthday parties, wedding showers, or even as decoration for your home. It’s relatively inexpensive—$45 total to create ($30 with Michaels 40% coupon!) and took about 45 minutes to complete. We lucked out and found all the materials we needed at Michaels Arts & Crafts. Check out the full tutorial below. If there are any questions, feel free to shoot us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Time: 30-45 minutes
Cost: $45 (could be cheaper with a $40% Michaels Arts & Crafts coupon)
Materials (click on embedded links below to view where to purchase)
- 2 red silk roses (one to hang in the centerpiece, the other for the loose petals on the bottom)
- 1 tube of super glue
- 1 pack of 3mm clear adhesive rhinestones
- 1 roll of 0.25mm clear monofilament illusion cord
- 1 clear or white flat two hole button 0.63 inch in size (we already had a button handy, but any of the smaller clear ones from this pack would work too)
- 1 glass bell dome 11" tall (this is the recommended dome to use since the ball at the top of the dome conceals the adhesive used in the top inside of the dome)
- Latex gloves (to protect your hands from the super glue)
- 1 sewing needle
Click the pictures below for the full list of instructions for each step (hover over the image once clicked if instructions don't show immediately).